The ‘Transforming Mobility and Immobility: Brexit and Beyond’ IMISCOE Spring Conference will take place on 28-29 March 2019 in Sheffield, UK.
This conference is organised by the Migration Research Group (MRG) at the University of Sheffield in collaboration with the Centre of Migration Research (CMR) at the University of Warsaw and IMISCOE. It is supported by the Noble Foundation’s Programme on Modern Poland.
We welcome paper proposals from various disciplines, theoretical and empirical oriented, case-studies and comparative and with relevance to the UK, Europe and beyond on the following themes:
- Shifting mobility and migration policy regimes
- Ordering and re-ordering of (im)mobile subjects in shifting regimes: gendered, classed and racialised implications
- Rescaling borders and everyday bordering
- Bottom-up strategies of individuals and groups to negotiate and resist borders
- Social transformation through migration: countries of origin and countries of living perspectives
- New and emerging patterns of migration and mobility
- Multicultures in place and understandings of integration in local contexts
- Understanding and responding to the politicisation of borders and migration
Submission of paper proposals should include a 250-word abstract. The deadline for submitting paper proposals is 10th October 2018. Please submit using this form.
For more information, and how to submit your proposal, see here.