The University of Vienna (15 faculties, 4 centres, about 188 fields of study, approx. 9.700 members of staff, more than 92.000 students) seeks to fill the position as soon as possible of a University Assistant (post doc) at the Department of Political Science.
Reference number: 7084
The Department of Political Science is active in all major fields of political science, it develops innovative and problem-focused research areas and offers various options for specialization in the study of political science. The focus of research is on the transformation of governance, statehood and democracy in different policy areas, geographical regions and political spaces.
Duration of employment: 6 year/s
Extent of Employment: 40 hours/week
Job grading in accordance with collective bargaining agreement: §48 VwGr. B1 lit. b (postdoc) with relevant work experience determining the assignment to a particular salary grade.
- Participation in research, teaching and administration in the field of Austrian Politics and EU (head of area: Univ.-Prof. Dr. Sieglinde Rosenberger)
- Participation in research projects
- (International) publishing and presentation activities
- Project application and (external) fundraising
- Preparation /Finalization of a (publishable) habilitation
- Holding classes due to extent regulations of wage agreement
- Examination activities
- Support of students
- Participation in evaluation activities and in quality assurance
- Participation in administration of the department
- University Degree (PhD or "Dissertation") in the study field of Political Science
- Very good knowledge in the field of empirical migration and integration policies, political participation and/or representation in the context of migration
- Good knowledge of qualitative and quantitative methods of empirical social research
- Knowledge of principles of teaching / Experience in teaching in the field of Political Science
- Experience in (external) fundraising
- High command of written and oral language
- Excellent knowledge of German and English
- Computer literacy
- Ability to work in teams
Would be an advantage:
- Experience in e-learning
- Experience in knowledge management
- Knowledge of university structures and processes
Your application should include the following documents:
- Letter of intent
- Scientific CV
- List of publications
- Draft of research interests / habilitation project (5 pages)
Please send the application documents as one PDF document.
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be submitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna (http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) no later than 01.02.2017, mentioning reference number 7084.
For further information please contact Kathan, Michaela +43-1-4277-47708.
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.
Human Resources and Gender Equality of the University of Vienna
Reference number: 7084