CALL FOR CONTRIBUTIONS
27th LATIN AMERICAN CONFERENCE ON RELIGION AND ETHNICITY TORO (Spain) 9-13 July 2018.
PANEL: RELIGION AND POLITICS AMONG LATIN AMERICAN MIGRANTS IN DIVERSE MIGRATORY CONTEXTS.
Latin American migrants carry with them, create and participate in religious experiences, mainly Christian. Studies have looked at the socio-cultural aspects, but in this panel we want to focus on transnational political aspects. Themes can include:
- Relations between discourses of political organisations where Latin American migrants are present and religion.
- Development of Christian lobby groups supported by Latin American migrants.
- Presence and role of Latin American migrants in the hierarchy of Christian powers.
- Position of religious Latin American migrants in public debates.
- Christian Latin American migrants’ presence in social movements.
- Formation of transnational networks through migration.