Osnabrück University’s Institute for Migration Research and Intercultural Studies (IMIS) invites applications for the position of: Three Research Fellows (wissenschaftliche Mitarbeiterinnen / wissenschaftliche Mitarbeiter)
(Salary level 13 TV-L, 70 %). In the framework of the Junior Research Group “The Production of Knowledge on Migration”, sponsored by the Volkswagen Foundation funding initiative “Niedersächsisches Vorab” starting as soon as possible for a period of five years.
The interdisciplinary junior research group “The Production of Knowledge on Migration” investigates the production and circulation of knowledge on spatial mobilities at the intersection of politics, society, and the social and cultural sciences. The work of the group is dedicated to the critical reflection of categories, concepts and data that shape and structure the governance of migration and mobility, currently as well as historically. Inspired by debates in the History and Philosophy of Science, the research group seeks to analyse the production of knowledge as a situated process that involves specific practices, networks and institutions. While putting a particular emphasis on transnational entanglements and actors, the group aims to contribute to a critical reflection of migration research and the knowledge it produces.
Description of responsibilities
- Conceptual design of an innovative individual project in the framework of the junior research group which consists of five members (PhD- and Postdoc-positions)
- Development and realization of collaborative research activities of the junior research group
- Cooperation with participating researchers at IMIS especially from the disciplines of Geography, History, Law and Sociology regarding concepts and content
- Candidates are required to hold a university degree with very good marks in the social or cultural sciences, the humanities or law
- Candidates applying for a Postdoc-position are required to hold a doctoral degree with very good marks in the social or cultural sciences, the humanities or law
- In addition, candidates must have a very good knowledge of migration research, including its theories and empirical methods
- Excellent English language skills and good German language skills
- Working experience in collaborative research projects
- Experience with, understanding of and interest in interdisciplinary and international research
- Passion for the critical reflection of one’s own knowledge production
- Excellent communication skills
- An interdisciplinary work environment at a nationally and internationally established and highly connected research centre that attaches great importance to diversity
- The opportunity to further develop, discuss and implement innovative research ideas and perspectives
Osnabrück University has been certified as a family-friendly university committed to helping parents and carers balance their family and work life. The university aspires to ensure equal opportunities for men and women and strives to work towards a gender balance in schools or departments where new appointments are made.
If equally qualified candidates apply, preference will be given to those with special needs.
We look forward to receiving your application.