On January 24, 2020, the Standing Committee "Reflexive Migration Studies" will get together in Neuchâtel, Switzerland, for its kick-off meeting.
The SC's Board Members together with the initial supporters of the proposal will discuss the future work programme and set up a research and networking agenda for the upcoming 3 years. We will be happy to welcome interested scholars to our SC's activities in future events and activities, starting from the IMISCOE 2020 Conference in Luxembourg. Do not hesitate to contact us and/or to follow us on Twitter (@reflex_studies).
January 24, 2020, Université de Neuchâtel, FSLH, Espace Tilo Frey 1, Room: R.S.38
Evening January 23, 19:30: Dinner at the Brasserie Cardinal (funded by the SC): https://www.lecardinal-brasserie.ch/en/
9:00-9:15: Welcome and introduction
- Presentation of the aims of the workshop:
o Revised work program for the SC/ Publications / research ideas
9:15-10:15: Presentation round (all)
- What are you working on which is relevant for the topic of the SC?
10:15-10:30: Presentation of our ideas for this SC (15 min): Three dimensions
- Histories, theories and practices of migration research/studies
- Migration knowledge production by actors outside academia
- Reflection on data production, development of new, different forms of data co-production
10:30-11:00: Coffee Break
- Critical constructive feedback with regard to our proposition
- What is missing and would be important to be included in this SC?
12:00-12:30: Wrap up and suggestions for work program of the SC
13:30-15:00: In-depth discussion of the possible work program
- Please formulate questions which are important for these fields
- Proposals for activities in these fields
- Within these defined fields and questions: Who would like to work on what?
15:00-15:30: Coffee break
15:30-16:30: Publication plans
- Book proposal by Janine Dahinden and Andreas Pott : ‘State of the art’ in reflexive migration studies
o Abstracts until June 2020
o Proposal to IMISCOE/SPRINGER in July 2020 by Andreas and Janine
o First version articles January 2021 with workshop in February 2021 to discuss them
o Final articles: June 2021
o Submission book in July 2021
- Your, other publication ideas?
16:30-17:15: Towards common research proposals: ideas…
End of the Workshop, Apéro