IMISCOE has opened nominations for its 2019 Maria Ioannis Baganha Dissertation Award. The Network has awarded this prize annually since 2010 to stimulate and recognise excellent PhD research in the field of migration, integration and social cohesion in Europe.
The 2019 competition is open to all PhD recipients whose dissertations were defended within the 24-month period before the deadline for submission of 15 January 2019. Applicants are invited to apply on their own behalf, although dissertation supervisors may also nominate candidates. »
CGM has won a bid to organize an IMISCOE PhD Summer School together with the Association of Migration Research, GAR, a non-governmental organization based in Istanbul. The theme of the Summer School is "Studying Integration and Social Cohesion - Theory, Practice, Method and Ethics of Conduct" and it will take place 9-14 June 2019 in Istanbul, Turkey. »
Research Social Platform on Migration and Asylum (ReSOMA) continues its activities with EU launch events to share the policy briefs on the 9 topics identified and developed by the project consortium. It is an ongoing project built by IMISCOE partners, and actively seeks to engage with the IMISCOE community.
ReSOMA is a mutually beneficial platform for collaboration between EU research and practitioner networks and policymakers in the field of Asylum, Migration and Integration.
Visit ReSOMA online platform for latest Ask the Expert Policy Briefs and Discussion Briefs on the following 9 topics:
- Setting the EU’s asylum agenda: Family reunification for beneficiaries of international protection
- Responsibility-sharing in EU asylum policy: the never-ending debate
- The role and limits of the safe third country concept
- Setting the EU migration agenda: The crackdown on NGOs helping migrants and refugees
- Conditionality of EU external funding on migration cooperation
- The EU return policy
- Setting the EU integration agenda: Social inclusion of undocumented migrants and negotiating the new EU budget
- Mainstreaming integration into all EU funds: Negotiating the new EU budget
- Cities as Integration Service-Providers: Negotiating the new EU budget
You are all invited to join ReSOMA community, share your knowledge and take part in the discussions towards setting the new evidence-based priorities for the EU’s policy agenda!
IMISCOE'S ANNUAL REPORT 2017
This annual report covers the 13th year of IMISCOE’s existence; 2017. It is however for the first time that the network issues an annual report like this one. In fact, this annual report is one of the concrete efforts to cope with the growth of the network.
Read more and download Imiscoe's Annual Report 2017.