The University for Continuing Education Krems specializes in part-time academic continuing education. As a public university for continuing education, it works with its expertise in teaching and research to overcome societal challenges and tailors its study programs to address them. With 8,000 students coming from 85 countries, the University for Continuing Education Krems combines its many years of experience in university-based continuing education with innovation to provide outstanding quality in research and teaching at an international level. Situated 60 km from Vienna in the alluring world heritage region Wachau, Campus Krems is a highly attractive location. The following position is available at the University for Continuing Education Krems:
Professorship in Migration and Integration (m/f/d) according to §99 UG 2002 (Austrian Universities Act)
at least 30 hours/week Advertisement No. SB21-0268 The advertised professorship is established at the Department of Migration and Globalization in the Faculty of Economics and Globalization.
General job description and profile:
The tasks include the dedicated representation of the field of migration and integration in research and teaching:
- Development and strengthening of the department’s research profile in the areas migration and integration, transnationalism and social cohesion
- High level of research and publication activity as well as corresponding support and guidance of the research staff of the department
- High level of commitment to securing third-party funding
- Taking over of managerial responsibilities in the Center for Migration and Globalization Research, a research cluster, as well as in the PhD programme in Migration Studies
- Development of the existing and new courses in the Department
- Supervision of PhD and Master students
For considering the application we require the following qualifications:
- Habilitation or equivalent qualification in a social science discipline related to migration
- Proven research record in comparative migration and integration research
- Experience and expertise in the research areas of integration, diaspora and/or transnationalism
- Strong publication record in internationally peer-reviewed journals
- Experience in securing third-party funding
- Very good knowledge of social scientific research methods proven by publications and teaching activities
- Experience and high didactic aptitude in university teaching proven by teaching evaluations
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English (at least C1)
- Leadership skills and managerial competences in relation to social, organizational, and economic aspects
- Active member of relevant scientific community (proven by active conference participations, memberships, co-authorships, etc.)
- Social competences and strong communication and team skills
- Gender equality and diversity competencies
In addition, the following skills and knowledge would be desirable:
- Willingness to acquire German language skills
- Experience in the implementation of interdisciplinary and cooperative research projects
- Experience in securing international third-party funding
- Experience in supervising PhD students and coordinating a PhD programme
- Experience in developing and convening university courses
- Strategic and entrepreneurial thinking skills
The University for Continuing Education Krems sees a high innovation potential in the diversity of its employees and is committed to diversity as a leading principle. At the same time the University for Continuing Education Krems seeks to increase the percentage of female employees and expressly invites qualified women to apply for this position. In the case of equal qualifications women will be given preferential consideration.
We are looking forward to receiving applications from persons with disabilities who meet the required profile.
The professor will be appointed limited to 5 years according to the appointment procedure laid down in section §99 UG 2002.
Please enclose the data sheet/application abstract with your application, which is retrievable via the advertisement from https://www.donau-uni.ac.at/vacancies/professorships and the documents required as evidence of fulfilment of the advertisement criteria:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter
- Development plan for this professorship
- Project list
- List of publications
- Teaching evaluations
Please note that proof of complete vaccination protection against COVID-19 and its maintenance, as long as the epidemiological situation in Austria requires it, is a prerequisite for employment at The University of Continuing Education Krems. Exceptions apply if vaccination is not possible for medical reasons (evidence by specialist confirmation). In all other cases, employment at The University for Continuing Education Krems is only possible if the candidate is willing to catch up on vaccination against COVID-19 as soon as possible and expresses that during the application procedure. When signing the employment contract, a corresponding written declaration of commitment must be signed.
Supplementary data protection notice:
Based on our legal obligation according to Section 98 of the Austrian Universities Act [Universitätsgesetz/UG] 2002, your personal data disclosed in the context of the application will also be disclosed to external reviewers, who are bound to secrecy, for the purpose of assessing your suitability and will be stored by them for a maximum of 12 months after transmission of the review to the University for Continuing Education Krems.