Being a member of IMISCOE gives access to various benefits and opportunities. They are marked with a •. Some benefits are only available to persons who are associated to an IMISCOE institute (link) as researcher, PhD or student. These last category of benefits and opportunities are marked with √. Membership will always be for the period of a year and can start at any moment in the year.
Membership's opportunities and benefits
- Full waiver for the conference fee to the annual IMISCOE conference (one per membership period of 12 months)
- Receive the monthly IMISCOE newsletter with relevant news on funding opportunities, conferences, network activities and publications
- Opportunity to participate in IMISCOE Research Groups (on approval by the coordinator of the Research Group( see category √)
- For PhDs; receive a discount on participation in IMISCOE training activities (including summer- and winter schools)
- Full waiver of Open Access publication costs for any article submitted to the journal Comparative Migration Studies (at least one of the authors must be a member of IMISCOE)
- Full and free access to manuscripts of all manuscripts published in the IMISCOE book series or in the journal CMS (including the non-Open Access books published since 2014)
Additional benefits only available for members working at an IMISCOE institute
√ Opportunity to share news from your institution via IMISCOE newsletters and social media
√ Opportunity to request seed-funding for research activities under IMISCOE’s scheme for
research groups and initiatives, to coordinate research groups and initiatives. These
member might as well participate in any of the IMISCOE Research Groups (on approval by
the coordinator of the Research Cluster)
√ Full waiver of Open access publication costs for any article submitted to the journal
Comparative Migration Studies for anyone working at your institute (at least one of the
authors must be working for your institute)
√ Financial and editing support for Open Access publishing in the IMISCOE book series
(co-financing of 50% of the Open Access fee)
√ Opportunity to participate in IMISCOE boards and committees (Board of Directors,
Executive Board, Editorial Committee, Training Committee, Conference Committee) and
start and coordinate IMISCOE activities (one representative per institute in the Board of
Directors). To participate in any of these committees, the person involve must be
employed at the institute AND an institutional/additional member of IMISCOE
√ Opportunity to organize and receive subsidies for IMISCOE events, like the Annual
Conferences, Summer/Winter Schools, etc.
The fee for conference registration (including individual membership for the period of one year) is €200 per person. PhD-students favor a discount of € 50.
The IMISCOE Board of Directors decides on applications from member institutes. IMISCOE aims to have member institutes from across Europe (and beyond), as well as member institutes that bring in a particular discipline or other sort of expertise that has added value to the Research Network. Institutional partners pay an annual fee (€3000).