As part of MigPoG’s strategy to include early career researchers in its work, we will include a PhD position in our Steering Board.
The PhD board position is rotating at a bi-annual basis, running from 1 August to 31 July, so for two full years. The PhD candidate is expected to participate in board activities and to contribute with coordination tasks together with the three group coordinators (Tiziana Caponio, Maria Schiller and Cathrine Talleraas).
The candidate’s specific tasks are:
- Participate at IMISCOE’s Annual Conference (registration fee is sponsored by the SC)
- Participate at coordinator-meetings (approximately four times a year)
- Engage in email correspondence with the coordinators and the board
- Contribute to the planning of MigPoG activities, such as sessions at the Annual Conference, mid-term conference, CfPs and more
- Contribute with input to MigPoG’s twitter account and website
- Contribute to establish a link with the IMISCOE PhD Network through the organization of common training initiatives and/or workshops at IMISCOE’s conferences
The application should consist of a one-page motivation letter including a brief description of the PhD work, and a one-page CV.