This announcement concerns our renowned Rinus Penninx Best Paper Award, the winner of which will be announced on the last day of our upcoming annual conference “Crossing borders, connecting cultures” hosted by the University of Luxembourg 7th-9th July.
This award is reserved to original non-published papers that have been accepted as part of the program of the conference. The award is open for anyone who fits the aforementioned criteria, yet special attention will be given to early career candidates.
Nomination for the Award can be made by the chair of the panel in which a paper will be presented (chairs will be ask to nominate excellent papers in their sessions), or by any person within the IMISCOE Network who evaluates your paper as excellent and worth being nominated for the Award. We expect these nominators to write a short explanation (half a page to a page maximum) of why the paper is worth to be nominated.
The Rinus-Penninx-Award-Committee will evaluate all nominations and choose one winner, that will be announced and receive the award during the last day (9th of July, 2021) of the Luxembourg conference.
Besides the honour of receiving the award, the prize winner(s) will also receive a € 750,-- and the opportunity to publish the paper in the journal Comparative Migration Studies.
The award will be granted based on the following criteria
- Contribution to the body of literature on migration, integration and social cohesion studies
- Clear research question and soundness of the research design
- Innovative contribution in terms of theory, methods or case studies
For co-authored papers, the prize will be divided over the number of co-authors.
- The deadline for you to submit nominations is 20th May 2021 (23:59 CEST)
- Please check whether the nomination concerns an original non-published paper (published are NOT accepted for nomination)
- Confirm that we can use this e-mail address in keeping you posted on all developments regarding the Rinus Penninx Best Paper Award