Highly-Skilled and Student Mobility in the Age of Selective Migration.
Applications are now open for the MiReKoc International Summer School 2019.
This year, Migration Research Center at Koç University (MiReKoc) collaborates with theBright Futures Project Team to organize the 9th MiReKoc International Summer School, which will be held between June 30 and July 12, 2019 at Koç University, Istanbul on the theme of cross-border highly-skilled and student mobility.
With a multidisciplinary perspective, the International Summer School program focuses on theoretical, methodological and thematic aspects of highly skilled and student migration and elaborates on the following questions: How to theorize these movements in relation to migrant selectivity? What are the directions and patterns of these movements? What are the drivers of these flows? What are the regulations, policies, and strategies of national governments, international organizations, companies, and universities regarding these movements? What are the outcomes and effects of these movements for individuals themselves, origin and destination countries?
The Summer School is designed for PhD and graduate students as well as junior experts in the field. The programme includes two weeks of lectures and discussion which will be led by a distinguished international faculty members and experts in the field. The participants will have the chance of sharing their research agendas and ideas with these scholars in an interactive environment. The Summer School is conducted in English and reading materials that will be assigned for each course are also in English. The fee for the program is 1300 Euros covering lectures, course materials, food and accommodation. Only some partial scholarships are available for those who are unable to make full payment. A certificate is provided upon successful completion of the programme. Additional requirements are required on those participants who seek course credit.
Confirmed Lecturers Include
Opening Lecture by the Honourable Mr. Marc Innes-Brown, Australian Ambassador to Turkey
- Dr Özlem Altan-Olcay, Koç University, Istanbul, Turkey
- Dr Héctor Cebolla Boado, UNED | Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia, Madrid, Spain
- Prof Mathias Czaika, Danube University Krems, Austria
- Dr Güneş Ertan, Koç University, Istanbul, Turkey
- Jean-Pierre Garson, Former Head of International Migration Division, OECD, Paris, France
- Prof Ahmet İçduygu, Koç University, Istanbul, Turkey
- Dr Malasree Neepa Acharya, University of Delaware, USA
- Dr Çağlar Özden, World Bank, Washington, DC, USA
- Dr Dorothee Schneider, University of Essex, UK
- Prof Nasra Shah, Kuwait University, Kuwait
- Prof Yasemin Soysal, University of Essex, UK
- Dr Ulaş Sunata, Bahçeşehir University, Istanbul, Turkey
- Dr Zeynep Yanaşmayan, Max Planck Institute for Social Anthropology, Germany
For more information, please visit our website.
Deadline for application is midnight GMT on 28 April 2019.