African Youth in Waithood
Alcinda speaks about young Africans' aspirations to become productive and accomplished members of society, and how these aspirations get youth to mobilise, politically and across space.
Professor Alcinda Honwana is senior visiting fellow at the London School of Economics, and visiting professor at the Open University.
Learn more about Alcinda here: https://www.lse.ac.uk/africa/people/Staff/Alcinda
The interview was conducted by Milena Belloni (associate producer).
- On conceiving 'migrant transnationalism'
- On struggling for migrant workers' rights in Singapore
- About legal liminality and different forms of violence
- Refugees mobilizing for family reunification in Brazil
- How US migration policies shaped Mexican migration to the U.S.A.
- Season 1 Recap with Fiona Seiger & Jolynna Sinanan