On refugee self-reliance
15 December 2021
A central concern in debates around refugee integration is that of labour market integration. But how do displaced people create livelihoods for themselves and become self-reliant?
For this episode we invited Evan Easton-Calabria to discuss the meaning of refugee self-reliance, how assistance practices have changed over time, and the important yet often overlooked role of refugee-led organisations in providing training and labour market orientation.
Evan Easton-Calabria is Senior Research Officer at the University of Oxford, Refugee Studies Center.
Learn more about Evan here: https://www.rsc.ox.ac.uk/people/evan-easton-calabria-1
This interview was conducted by Amanda Paz Alencar.
- Comparing refugee reception in Germany in 2015 and today
- About the role of perceptions and (mis)information in migration to Europe
- About Ukrainian displacement since 2014
- On complementary pathways
- Who is academic podcasting for? Bella´s Research Results
- On how farmers cope with displacement in Mozambique