The IMISCOE Standing Committee Methodological Approaches and Tools in Migration Research (Meth@Mig) and ECPR Standing Group Migration and Ethnicity invite researchers at all levels to join their virtual Workshop on Ethical Issues in Migration Research on May 18, 2022.
Through hands-on exercises and group discussions, you'll have the chance to reflect on and directly engage with questions such as:
- Do migration researchers deal with specific ethical dilemmas that are often not covered by general social science ethics codes?
- How can we deal with these ethical questions in migration research?
- Do ethical concerns vary depending on the main research methodology?
- Can there be standardised ethical codes of conduct in migration research?
- Should migration researchers consider ethical issues case-by-case in a context-specific way?
To guarantee active engagement, participation in the event is FREE but upon registration.
Make sure to register by midnight BST on Monday 16 May.
To find out more about the workshop and register, please visit https://ecpr.eu/Events/204