This conference wants to set the stage for a dialogue on policies and practices aiming at the development of welcoming and inclusive cities and local communities. Sign up to participate and give a contribution, or to just participate in discussions in one of the workshops where practitioners and researchers will meet to exchange experiences, thoughts and innovations.
- Philippe Legrain is a senior visiting fellow at the London School of Economics' European Institute and the founder of OPEN: the Open Political Economy Network, an international think-tank.
- Karolina Lindholm Billing is Deputy Regional Representative of UNHCR. She has previously served for the UNHCR in Zambia and as Senior Liaison Officer for Human Rights at the UNHCR Headquaters in Geneva.
- Ilker Ataç is a post-doctoral research fellow at the Department of Political Science at the University of Vienna and part of the research group Politics of Inclusion and Exclusion (INEX) as well as founding editor of the journal Movements.
- Tiziana Caponio is Associate Professor at the University of Turin and a Fellow of Collegio Carlo Alberto and FIERI. She is also a research associate at the Forum Internazionale ed Europeo di Ricerche sull'Immigrazione in Turin.
- Branka Likic-Brboric is Associate Professor at REMESO, Linköping University. Her research address global governance, migrants' rights; comparative studies on citizenship and immigrant integration in connection to EU enlargement.
- Ylva Johansson, Sweden's social democratic Minister for Employment and Integration since 2014. She is responsible for the policy area "introduction of new arrivals".
- Carl-Ulrik Schierup is Director of Remeso at Linköping University. He has since 1992 acted as the Director of several major research programmes and research centres on migration and ethnic relations in Scandinavia.
1. Accommodation and housing
2. Education and schooling
3. Passing time and getting ready to work
5. Co-operation with civil society
6. Interaction with the local community
7. Unaccompanied minors
For more information, go to the Conference web page: www.welref17.se